With only 4 regular season weeks left in the college football season, it is depressing how quickly the season rolls on. The College Football Playoff committee came out with their laughable rankings. Ignore those and lets dive in to OUR top 10:
- Alabama: Rolls LSU, not much analysis needed here, right?
- Clemson: Not sure they get tested until the playoffs. They should score 50 this weekend against Louisville. Dabo made a tough call making Lawrence the starter but these extra reps should help when the playoffs start.
- Notre Dame: Said it last week and it hasn’t changed. Ian Book has taken this team to another level. We see them head to Ryan Field to take on a Northwestern team that is trending in the right direction. Clayton Thorson looks healthy and I wouldn’t sleep on Pat Fizgerald getting the most out of the team.
- Georgia: Folks wondered why Florida wasn’t in our Top 10 last week….Well after last week, are you still curious? Georgia’s defense isn’t the unit that it was last year but the talent on both sides of the ball is undeniable. Jake Fromm is the guy and I have complete faith in his abilities. Georgia will make Kentucky fans cry this weekend as they get knocked off their high horse.
- Michigan: The Wolverines continue to gel and show us why they’re back. Guess who else is back! Tarik Black! Easily Michigan’s most dynamic talent at the wide receiver position. I think Michigan pushes Penn State around for 60 minutes. They shouldn’t have a problem running the ball down Penn State’s throat, consistently.
- Oklahoma: We will be talking about them more and more in the playoff conversation as the year continues. They have a direct line in; all they have to do is win out! Sooners may throw up 100 points on this “improved” Texas Tech defense. I don’t expect them to ever punt on Saturday. Sit back and enjoy watching this offense as we have two former teammates going head to head in a coaching battle.
- Ohio State: This is more confidence in Urban Meyer than anything else. Ohio State will roll through the rest of their schedule, including Nebraska this weekend. We should all be looking forward to their matchup with Michigan to round out the season.
- LSU: I will put them on here to keep people from complaining. LSU is the one team that has to have EVERYTHING go right. They’re winning based on lucky turnovers. They will turn back in to a pumpkin this Saturday. Alabama always brings Tigers fans back to reality. Joe Burrow will be frustrated all night, and LSU may not score until the 4th quarter.
- UCF: It is about time someone gives these guys some respect! (Queue the Rodney Dangerfield jokes) They score at will, and never lose. I understand their competition isn’t ideal but that’s partially out of their control. They will feel disrespected by the CFB committee and throw up 50 on Temple on Thursday. Start giving respect to the team that wins week in and week out. Really not hard.
- Washington State: I’m not huge on the Pac 12. I think the conference is down this year but we can’t ignore what Washington State has been doing. They continue to win games, convincingly, with the most entertaining coach in college football, Mike Leach. Washington State always loses in weird spots, though, so I would say to proceed with caution.
Upset Alert: Utah should make sure they’re awake for kickoff this weekend. ASU is always due for a major home upset. A team heavy with upperclassmen, I think that they know that this is one of their last shots to give a home crowd the upset that they crave. Look for Manny Wilkins to connect early and often with future NFL wideout NKeal Harry. Utah is a great home team that feeds off of their crowd’s energy and I see the mighty falling here.