With only 3 regular season weeks left in the college football season, it is depressing how quickly the season rolls on. The College Football Playoff committee came out with their laughable rankings. Ignore those and lets dive in to OUR top 10:
1. Alabama: Told you they’d roll LSU. They did. Moving on.
2. Clemson: Clemson demolished Louisville and now they go into Boston College with ESPN College Gameday. Not sure this Boston College defense is what folks are use to. Clemson should be able control both line of scrimmages and come away with a victory.
3. Notre Dame: Ian Book is out this week, which worries me. The good thing for the Irish is that FSU is awful on both sides of the ball. I would imagine the Irish have a conservative game plan and win, but it may be closer then most think.
4. Georgia: Auburn comes into town, which is a stiff test. This is the 2nd longest running rivalry to Minnesota vs Wisconsin. Auburn should have success moving the ball but Georgia offense should pull away late. We should expect the Bulldogs to be 11-1 when they face Bama next month. You may want to tune into this since it’s Auburn’s chance to salvage their season.
5. Michigan: The Wolverines continue to get healthier every week and improve. I’m not sure there is a hotter team, aside from Alabama. They won’t be challenged this weekend at all. I expect Michigan to end the year in the playoffs, if they run the table. The committee has hinted about how much they like this team and want to see Coach Khaki Pants in the playoffs.
6. Oklahoma: This May sound similar to previous weeks but this team is elite on offense and struggles on defense. For the Big12 that may work and help them in the playoff conversation. I expect them to throw up 50+ points this weekend and roll over Oklahoma State. This will be a high scoring battle.
7. Washington: This team will probably surprise you. They should have beat Auburn week 1 and they still have a team loaded with talent. Jake Browning is one of the better college quarterbacks and they have an elite coach. I think Washington will win out and find themselves around this number to end the season.
8. Ohio State: I don’t know whats wrong with this team but the talent is there. The Bosa loss seems to have stung the locker room in the wrong way. I think they’ve had way too many off the field issues to become the unit they can be. If this team find their way into a big game I think we could see an all out effort.
9. Mississippi State: Sure you call it SEC bias and that is fine. But if this team were in any other conference they probably would have 0-1 losses. They have an elite defense with a couple of first rounders upfront and have a top run game that’s only been shut down by top defensive units. They will have their hands full this weekend but if they can handle Bama upfront they may be able to make it a ball game.
10. West Virginia: With one of the top passing attacks in the country this team can’t be stopped when clicking. Like most teams in the Big 12, their defense is a liability. This team can get into a shoutout and win, which is what we saw last weekend vs Texas. I would imagine we’re in for a treat when the Mountaineers and Sooners face off to end the year.
Upset Alert: Last week we gave you a 7 point dog that won outright. Let’s see if we can get lucky again. KENTUCKY beware of Tennessee. Tennessee is slowly coming together and Kentucky may feel that their season is over since they won’t be in the SEC championship. This would be a massive step forward if Tennessee wants to make a bowl game. I think the Kentucky is mentally shot and right for the picking when they hit the road this weekend.