The final full week of the college football is here. For lots of teams it’s their final game. While there are many teams this weekend who can qualify for a bowl with a win, we will ignore most of those teams for now and focus on our top 10!
1. Alabama: They have a home date with Auburn, the Iron Bowl. Typically this is a matchup of two top teams with a lot of implications. Bama will roll here and go into SEC championship undefeated.
2. Clemson: Tigers play the Gamecocks, who are already bowl eligible, and may try something new to see if they can pull an upset. Clemson should control both lines and dance into the Conference championship game.
3. Notre Dame: What did we tell you last week? The Irish rolled Syracuse. I mean, you almost felt bad for them. Almost, anyway. The Irish head to So Cal and face a USC team in danger of missing a bowl. I think this may be closer than folks think. There is a lot of pressure on the Irish and absolutely none on USC.
4. Michigan: We have been talking about this matchup for a few weeks now. Michigan are favorites on the road at the Big House! Michigan should win this game by double digits but I would never count Urban Meyer out of a game. This is an early kick and should be a nail biter!
5. Georgia: Unfortunately Georgia won’t end in the top 4. I’m sure Alabama is looking forward to scoring at will on this Bulldogs’ offense. I believe if Georgia didn’t throw up an egg vs LSU, they’d be in, even with a loss. But with 2 loses after the SEC championship game Georgia has too much to overcome to make the playoffs.
6. Oklahoma: They continue to outscore everyone! If Oklahoma can do that the next 2 weeks, it will be hard for the committee not to notice them. Is it possible the playoff committee would give OU more credit for winning their conference and avenging their loss to Texas? We will find out. First, they must beat WV.
7. Washington: I believe they have a lot of NFL talent on this roster. While they lack the explosive players on defense that they have had in years past, the offense is still humming with talent. The Apple cup is this weekend and we can’t wait.
8. UCF: We told you last week they’d blow out Cincinnati and…. you were rewarded handsomely. They will head to USF and take this as a chance to continue their dominance and prove to the committee their abilities.
9. Ohio State: Similar to OU they continue to win by outscoring everyone, except that they’ve looked a lot worse doing so. Urban Meyer continues to make scenes on the sidelines so we all notice his health. Dobbins suddenly has no burst. They have so much talent but will get blown out Saturday.
10. Texas A&M: The Aggies are not short on talent and have a terrific coaching staff. LSU will get rolled this weekend when they go to College Station. As long as Kellen Mond doesn’t turn it over in the red zone, we should see some success from Texas A&M.
Upset of the week: We are 3-0 in the column and look to close out the regular season on a positive note. FLORIDA GATORS: BE VERY SCARED OF FLORIDA ST SATURDAY. This is an early kick with bragging right on the line. FSU becomes bowl eligible with a win and Willie Taggert will have his team flying. Florida has a massive talent edge but they have looked disinterested down the stretch. Look for FSU to keep it close and maybe sneak out with a win, even as a 7 point underdog.