We have wrapped up the regular season and head into conference championship week! This weekend will decide the final spots in the College Football Playoffs and we could not be more excited!
1. Alabama: Not much has changed week to week here. Bama will be able to score at will vs an overrate Bulldogs defense.
2. Clemson: They haven’t been tested for a while now which may be a concern once the playoffs start. They head into this weekend facing a team that is happy to be there. If you are not effective through the air then you have no chance vs Clemson. Pittsburgh won’t be able to move the ball on Saturday. They will get steamrolled.
3. Notre Dame: They have completed their undefeated season! Now it’s just a question of what seed they will get. I can’t wait to see Ian Book face off with with a top tier defense. This teams rests up and awaits their opponent.
4. Georgia: The Bulldogs have impressed all year except for the huge hiccup vs LSU. Georgia should be able to throw the ball this weekend and find some success. I think they may look to the freshmen QB Justin Fields to play a few more snaps and see if he can help spark them vs Bama. Their defense is a major concern that I believe Bama will exploit and lead to a Bulldogs loss.
5. Ohio State: I’ve said it before, this team has all the talent in the world. Clearly Zach Smith drama has carried over into this team all season long. They put it all together last week and the world saw how good they can truly be. It will take a major blowout for them to leap frog a couple teams and they’re certainly capable.
6. Oklahoma: I hate to have them below Ohio State but I truly believe OU has one of the worst defenses among power 5 conferences. There’s no doubt Kyler and this offense is electric. But they must take care of business early Saturday to give themselves a chance to advance.
7. Washington: This team keeps aging better and better for me. Coach has them humming at the right time and they will flatten a deflated Utah team Friday night for the chance to go to the Rose Bowl.
8. Michigan: I know…I know… they looked awful last week. That happens, these are college kids. It happens. They’ve now lost to a team that’s in the playoffs and one that may sneak it. They’re a top team still and will now look ahead to 2019.
9. Texas A&M: They have a few loses but 2 of them are to Clemson and Bama. I’ll remind you they were the closest scoreline to any other Bama opponent. Jimbo’s first year has to be considered a success and this team will contend for titles in 2 years. Look for a big bowl performance from these guys.
10. Mississippi State: The Bulldogs are as good as anyone on the ground and on defense. They’ve had some tough spots to play in but overall there is a lot of talent here. I look for them to end strong in their bowl.
Upset Alert: Boise State! You should be very worried about this game this weekend. Boise and Fresno square off for the 4th time within the last year. Boise has won 2 straight vs Fresno and look for another conference championship. Boise May be losing their coach and not have all their concentration here. I feel Fresno has more talent and pulls off the small upset.